Friday, March 16, 2012

March 15, 2012

March 15, 2012

Arpita Lakhotia’s FB Wall:

Shruti : Happy Birthday Arpita Lakhotia :-) May God shower the choicest of blessings on u .. Cheers!

Arpita: What? I don't get a blog this year? Not even a lengthy paragraph long wish!? *sulks in a corner*

Well Arps, Let me share something with you. For ages now, I have almost completely lost the strength to put my thoughts/feelings down. Even my messages/posts etc on FB are only 5% of what I post on the walls of my mind. With age catching up (*cough cough, adjusts spectacles on her wrinkled nose*) my memory is not as decent as it used to be, and I do fear sometimes, that I will have not much material to relive the moments of my life, if this spell of pen-less-ness prolongs.

However, it IS your birthday and my baby is not here today (so I have some me-time) AND it is a weekend (T.G.I.F!! is the only modern day concept that I can actually relate with.. I Loooove Fridays !) AND your comment is so aww-layy- evoking :P, so here goes my birthday wish-post for you:

Few Random yet Relevant Reasons Why Arpita Lakhotia is on my F.R.I.E.N.D list:

  • We made many rare discoveries together very early in life. E.g,
    • ‘Faeces’ (yani Potty) actually has a singular form! It is: ‘Faex’
      • (Source: Pradeep’s Biology Textbook)
    • Highly qualified and fancy-feathered people are not always up to the hype
      • (Source: Our Umbridge’s disappointing delivery in her subject matter. And her being a disappointing bit of matter herself )
  • She was the only one who would actually find me Chandler-Bing funny. Even when I was just being sad (dukhi wala sad) Case in point: A scholastic Book Fair, I come across something in a book, walk up to her, offer a handshake and say, “Hello, I’m Mike, your new friendly dairy owner” and *squeeze her hand*. She bursts out laughing Mu-ha-ha-ha.. like the book said she was supposed to. It was a social experiment I conducted: Every other person I later tried it on, responded to my squeezing, with a dispassionate “now what?” *!!!*
  • She sleeps like a log, but is not lazy. I can manage only the first part of the twin-pronged-talent, and I do admire her for the second.
  • She loooves being with people. She is connected to everyone. If Nokia could use her, she would be their brand ambassador; the hum(an)alogical- parallel to Nokia Mobile. (Connecting People) Why I like that about her, is that it’s perhaps the only reason we became f.r.i.e.n.d.s.
  • She is one of the FEW* people I know in real life who love Harry Potter for the right reasons or have the right feelings/ thoughts about its various details!

( I mean, why did no one else ever feel indignant about Harry and Ron being selfish and mean towards Hermione- the sincerest and most self-less friend among all three! )

  • We co-read the first 55 pages “Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix”. My copy (the first to be delivered in our town). And I let her risk us co-read it, during lunch (propped up precariously between us, and Rajma Chawal)
  • She confessed to having read my HP-part 2 in her special reading spot (ring a bell, Arps?) :D . It’s a crime I could not have tolerated from any other batchmate.
  • She is one of the FEW* people I know, for whom I would love to dedicate a written thought (such as this), and who would actually read it. Or would read it and not make fun of it.
  • Once, when I thought all (or some of us) were going to die, and in a fit of kal-ho-na-ho, I mailed a heartfelt farewell-note-of-thanks to my near and dear ones who bother reading their mails, she was one of the few* who did not criticize my silliness/ mock at me for it. Although, knowing her, she may never have read it? Oh, and the fact that she was on that special list! :-)
  • I remember her cellphone number and her landline number from Class X (both of which still haven’t changed) It’s probably the only cell number I remember from THAT time. Simply coz I must have dialed it a thousand million times, years back. Or a thousand million more.
  • We are not very intimate and don’t ‘keep in touch’. How many people like that would I write a mile long blogpost for? Very few, Ma’am. Very few.
  • In an honest-to-God moment, I have to say: I always felt that she was one friend who had been often been mean (hurtful), unfair and whimsical towards me ( She may never have realized/agreed with that). And nonetheless, here I sit, eulogizing my F.R.I.E.N.D. I love her from the bottom of my heart and wouldn’t ever have traded her for anyone (my sensitivity be damned!) for all the richness she has brought me in those wonder years.

Happy Birthday, Arps! This post (right down to the font) expresses my heartfelt wishes for the phenomenal character that is you!

Live long, and prosper.

Signing Off..

Phoebe_Moony :-)

4 comments:

  1. OMG SHRUTI.....its always a pleasure to read your stuff esp when its anything related to the GOOD-OLD-DAYS= RKK...so truely said and such beautiful wishes (*feeling jealous*)...The best part is, its been years we left school (though not a verrry long time), been busy in 10000 other things, meet once or maybe twice a year but this blog stuff seems ovenfresh!!!

    Loads of love to this phenomenal character and her amazing quibbling F.R.I.E.N.D.

    P.S. : Arps better be ready with another beautiful blog, 3 days to go...

    Love you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrutiii :-) How thrilled I am to see your comment here .. Ditto, ditto to everything u said (and yes, "ovenfresh" is the operational term here!) Loads of love to my namesake too.. I'm just so thankful to God for you guys ... and that we should have spent those glorious times in RKK ... I re-read your post (last march- remember? "This is how friends make your day") .. and was completely moved once again... It's a pity I can't/don't post anymore ..connecting up here with u on thoughts and memories is priceless. Thanks, Arps for provoking me this time! :-)
    Cheeers! Shruti

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRICELESS is the word Shruti...

    have no regrets, we'll be the same forever...no worries :)

    Have fun...Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DID I ACTUALLY MUSS READING THIS POST!??!? WHAT! HOW?!

    Love this. Came around looking for the IAP quiz wala post.. And ran into this! Shrutiieieieieiee thank you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete